Shopping • Restaurants • Salons • Spas • Street Festivals • Sundown Cinema • Events • Farmers' Market • Art Walk • Concerts • First Fridays • Dog Friendly

Thursday, January 12, 2012

California Landscape Photographs on Canvas

I rode my motorcycle out over Mt. Hamilton and towards Patterson late summer last year. As my gallery specializes in California landscapes (mostly original oils and acrylics rather than photographs) I always keep a weather eye out for something that would make a good composition. I saw lots of lonely open California landscapes on this trip, barren brown hills, rolling hills with oaks and such.

Eileen Graham used several photographs that I took of the sun setting on a ridge as a basis of an oil painting that she just completed. This should be in the gallery soon.

Lonely Highway
I saved this photograph and think that it might make a good stretched canvas print to offer in my gallery. This is on Del Puerto Road, which leads from the top of Mt. Hamilton over to Patterson.

Stone Griffin Gallery specializes in California landscapes.

Come on in and look around when you are in the area.

Stone Griffin Gallery
234 E Campbell Ave
Campbell, CA 95008
408/374-5200

No comments:

Post a Comment